Front Office Coordinator
The Front Office Coordinator primarily handles all front desk duties for the practice.
Front Desk Coordinator’s primary responsibility is to handle all front desk duties for the practice. The Front Desk Coordinator must ensure that patients, parents and/or guardians are the number one priority, whether it be over the phone or in person.
- Greets the patient with a smile, and accommodates patients’ needs in a comfortable and pleasant manner.
- Checks-in patients upon arrival at the office, as well as obtains necessary financial, personal, and or medical updates. Enters all information accurately into the patients’ chart.
- Checks-out patients upon completion of the appointment, schedules the next appointment(s) as needed and provides patients with any necessary documents, including treatment plans, receipts, school excuse notes, or appointment reminder cards.
- Ensures that the procedure codes are accurately entered into the ledger and that they match the patient’s router.
- Provides patients with a high level of customer service by answering the telephone promptly, communicating in a courteous and friendly manner and addressing patients’ needs and questions.
- Schedules appointments based on the Company’s scheduling guidelines and in accordance with the Business Unit rules. Makes outbound calls to patients to confirm appointments.
- Makes sure to confirm with the parents or guardians, whether on the phone or in office, where they heard about us to enter the appropriate referral information in the patient’s chart.
- Understands insurance benefits to effectively communicate to the patient. Follows the Company policies pertaining to collections and financial protocols.
- Maintains patient confidentiality through HIPAA compliance. Ensures any release of patient information is done in accordance with the Company guidelines.
- Understands how to work effectively within the office, partnering with Managers, Doctor(s), and other staff to maintain consistency and integrity within the Company.
- Travels between multiple offices as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.